Saturday, March 12, 2011

Creative Lighting Class

I've spent the last two Saturday's taking a Creative Lighting Class at Prairie View Photography school (here in Winnipeg).  I'm sure lot of you are thinking, "Great you got a break from the kids!" Well yes and no. It was a break on one hand but on the other I really had to focus on learning as much as I could. It's been forever since I've had to take notes and try to listen to my teacher at the same time! Wouldn't you know it, he gave me homework. What exactly is homework?? I have not been in school for more years then I want to think about!  All kidding aside, I did learn a lot and had a great time getting to know some wonderful photographers in the Winnipeg area.

Despite my not being in school for so many years I found joy in the note taking and mini labs we did in class. Imagine that!! I've learned two things: One: I know more about lighting then I thought I did.  Two: I still have a lot to learn! I am so excited to see where this new found knowledge takes my photography.  Light is so important when it comes to capturing great photographs, and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to take the time to learn more about it.

Here are a couple of photo's I took for my class:


1 comment:

  1. I took a class a couple of years ago at Prairie View. they are amazing! If I suddenly found that I was in a position to not work, I would probably take their one year course and then travel. they are awesome.

    And, they've managed to rub their awesomeness on to you. Your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete